Technical Project Manager
SONIFI® Solutions, the leader in technology solutions for the hospitality and healthcare industries, is looking to add a Technical Project Manager to our team. This position is responsible for coordinating quality testing efforts that involve integration and regression testing of software and hardware that are used in SONIFI products. This role will also require extensive coordination with the Release Manager and Dev Ops teams as needed. These projects involve a significant amount of interdepartmental communication and coordination.
Specific areas of responsibility include managing and coordinating the engineering testing efforts for the Quality Team, status reporting, defect tracking, assignment of production support issues and capacity planning across multiple programs. This position requires extensive project management experience, JIRA expertise and previous experience test coordination activities involving Waterfall and Agile methods.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for attending all Agile ceremonies for Daily Standup, Grooming and Planning.
- Identify and report any concerns or issues regarding scheduling of testing activities to the Director of Quality.
- Work directly with dedicated Quality testing resources for estimation of effort for all testing JIRA tickets.
- Maintain and create JIRA tickets for testing or defects where required.
- Manage testing dashboard in JIRA and XRAY.
- Work directly with PMO and development in the prioritization activities that drive the releases to production.
- Drive test coordination and planning by facilitating the identification of resources, testing tasks, and estimated project schedule and available testing capacity.
- Manage, coordinate, and facilitate software deployments to the test systems with the Quality and Development teams.
- Communicate and coordinate the release versioning information with the Release manager and provide detailed accounting of risks or concerns.
- Identify milestones and communicate them in both formal and informal environments.
- Monitor and Control testing tasks while managing risks and delays.
- Balance the constraints of scope, capacity, and delivery to make sure the testing efforts remain in control with timely and quality delivery.
- Communicate current testing status to Director of Quality and can horizontally communicate across departments and vertically up to senior level executives.
- Maintain accurate records on all aspects of the test efforts including Capacity plans, test summary documentation in XRAY and Confluence.
- Ensure that all defect documentation is reviewed, managed and reported as part of the testing status.
- Coordinate and lead testing projects in collaboration with the Director of Quality and the Lead Performance Engineer that involve a lot of interdepartmental collaboration.
- Work on very technical projects and have the capacity, interest, and ability to comprehend and communicate high level tasks within the project.
- Recommend and implement improvements to the formal testing process.
- Be willing to communicate new strategies for improving product implementation.
- Provide consultation to others on approaches to use in resolving issues/conflicts.
- Strategic understanding to meet business expectations and keep team members up to speed on activities that drive the testing efforts
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or Engineering with one to two years of experience in Project Management and 5 years of test coordination required or the equivalent experience and/or education.
- Must have strong written, verbal, and inter-personal communication skills with the ability to give oral presentations and facilitate meetings.
- Must have strong initiative, organization, and work follow-up skills.
- Must have a desire to work with people and the ability to motivate and challenge the staff to meet commitments.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, be organized, and pay close attention to details.
- Must exhibit a strong leadership ability witnessed by multiple successes with projects and propensity to lead coworkers.
- Experience with spreadsheet, word processor, database, WBS, and project tracking/scheduling applications (e.g., Microsoft Office, JIRA, etc.) is essential in performing the management tasks.
- Must be a self-starter and able to manage the activities for the team with some supervision, possess strong interpersonal skills to develop trusting, lasting relationships with team members across the company, have ability to collaborate, motivate, and lead project teams.
- This position will work with co-located project teams and be responsible for communication to 3rd party team members. Therefore, individual must be professional, honest, and concise. Experience in both Waterfall and Agile project methodologies preferred.
SONIFI’s team is changing people's lives through memorable guest experiences - all delivered through an integrated technology and service platform. We work with global brands like AT&T, LG and Samsung and leverage technology from Google and Amazon. SONIFI's core solutions include interactive television, streaming, Internet access, Free-To-Guest, and healthcare integrations, along with unparalleled nationwide technical support and professional services.
We are seeking candidates in the Sioux Falls, SD area.
Together, we can build your future! We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package, which includes Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance, 401(k) with company match, 11 Company-paid Holidays, Paid Time Off and a variety of additional benefits!
SONIFI and SONIFI Health value diversity and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you require assistance in filling out our online application due to a disability, please contact Human Resources at 605-988-1000.
For more information about Equal Employment Opportunity, please visit: https://www.eeoc.gov/.