Solution Design Associate
SONIFI® Solutions, Inc., the leader in technology solutions for the hospitality and healthcare industries, is looking to add a Solution Design Associate to the team! The Solutions Design Associate (SDA) is responsible for supporting the Guest Internet Access (GIA) sales process and executing the timely coordination and development of the company network designs used for proposals to prospects and existing clients. Proposals include those that are unsolicited and those that are in response to a formal request for proposals (RFI, RFP, tenders). The Solutions Design Associate will also help build sales presentations, participate in sales pitches, and advise customers on the best solutions for their networking needs.
This includes providing pre-sales technical and functional support of SONIFI Guest Internet Access (GIA) products by designing networks and providing technical assistance to the Sales Department (Sales) and other departments within SONIFI (together with its affiliates and subsidiaries) while ensuring a high quantity and quality of designs are completed with minimal supervision.
The candidate will work to design cost effective solutions while ensuring the solution meets brand and SONIFI standards. The Solutions Design Associate will combine specific hotel brand standard knowledge, with an understanding of current and emerging networking technologies and SONIFI Best Practice Design Guidelines. In conjunction with the architecture, engineering, product management and sales teams, the Solutions Design Associate will ensure designs are accurate and meet specification required for the specific opportunity to limit any potential change orders during the installation phase of the project.
What you’ll do:
The preferred candidate will have experience with all comparative networking infrastructure technologies applicable. They will be able to empathize with customers and quickly discern their technical needs by asking detailed and clarifying questions, and presenting solutions that meet those needs.
- Keep up to date on all brands, SONIFI and industry standards.
- Keep up to date on all manufacturers SONIFI uses as well as emerging technologies.
- Support the sales team in helping customers understand SONIFI’s GIA product offerings.
- Understand customer requirements and help communicate the value of SONIFI’s products and services.
- Ensure customer requirements and required information is accurate and thorough to drive successful implementations during the delivery phase of the engagement.
- Produce accurate and competitive quotes in a timely manner.
- Produce detailed and accurate supporting documentation to facilitate the sales and contracting process in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate on development of innovative, tailored solutions for clients and prospects.
- Ability to review client requirements and provided information to develop a solution that is the optimum combination of hardware, software, and services to meet the prospect's needs at a competitive price.
- Understand the process and output for property surveys for installation of a guest network, including but not limited to signal strength testing and heatmaps, evaluation of cable requirements, labor requirements, equipment needs, etc.
- Development of access point placement plans, network diagrams, predictive heatmaps and cabling plans that will assist Sales in the opportunity as well as meet brand standards.
- Prepare technical content, demos, and proof of concepts to demonstrate use cases for SONIFI’s GIA solutions.
- Work with vendor partners to learn and properly quote the many products SONIFI sells and supports.
- Work with SONIFI Network Engineering and Network Architecture teams to ensure that complex solutions will meet brand and SONIFI standards and will work as intended.
- Maintain competitive knowledge including solution, technology, and product offerings.
- Work with SONIFI 3rd Party partners to understand and influence new product development activities.
- Represent the company with customers via written communications, telephone, electronically (e.g., web meetings and online presentations).
- Complete contract Statement Of Work (SOW) documents accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Conduct other assigned duties as required including the pre-sales support of complimentary SONIFI products, services and solutions.
- Obtain industry standard certifications such as Ekahau Certified Solutions Engineer (ECSE), Certified Wireless Design Professional (CWDP) and Certified Wireless Network Associate (CWNA) as well as vendor specific training and certifications from Ruckus Wireless, Aruba Networking or other specific vendors included in the SONIFI Solution.
What you’ll need:
- Two-year degree minimum with a four-year degree preferred in either Network Engineering or Information Technology, to include a minimum of two years’ experience in IP networking and communications-related systems or services; or the equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
- Detailed knowledge of networking such as DOCSIS, LAN, WAN, Ethernet, and network design is a plus, specifically but not limited to Wi-Fi standards (802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax), designs, and best practices and understanding of physical cabling required for network designs.
- In addition, a broad exposure to current and future technology concepts and an ability to understand and communicate technical concepts to diverse audiences (both technical and non-technical) is beneficial. Must be detail-oriented and self-motivated and successfully work with a high level of accuracy in a fast-paced department.
- Technology skills, including capabilities with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and diagramming tools is a must.
- Proficiency with IP, WAN, LAN, and WLAN technologies and applications along with experience with Wi-Fi Survey Software and tools such as Ekahau Pro, AirMagnet and Fluke Testers is a plus.
Together, we can build your future! We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package, which includes Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance, 401(k) with company match, 11 Company-paid Holidays, Paid Time Off and a variety of additional benefits!
SONIFI’s team is changing people's lives through memorable guest experiences - all delivered through an integrated technology and service platform. We work with global brands like AT&T, LG and Samsung and leverage technology from Google and Amazon. SONIFI's core solutions include interactive television, streaming, Internet access, Free-To-Guest, and healthcare integrations, along with unparalleled nationwide technical support and professional services.
SONIFI and SONIFI Health value diversity and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Generally starting at $85,000.00 - $100,000.00 annually. The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, location, experience, education, specialty, and training. This pay scale is not a promise of a particular wage. This position is also eligible for PTO, holidays, health, dental, vision, retirement plan, pet insurance, on-demand pay, and a variety of other benefits.
If you require assistance in filling out our online application due to a disability, please contact Human Resources at 605-988-1000.
For more information about Equal Employment Opportunity, please visit: https://www.eeoc.gov/.