SONIFI® Solutions prides itself on being the leader in technology solutions for the hospitality and healthcare industries. Today our team is changing people's lives through memorable guest experiences - all delivered through an integrated technology and service platform. SONIFI's core solutions include interactive television, streaming, Internet access, Free-To-Guest, and integration along with unparalleled nationwide technical support and professional services.
We are looking for a Project Accountant to be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Project Accounting function, including journal entries and reconciliations to ensure accurate financial reporting. The position is also responsible for performing the hands-on tasks necessary to maintain and reconcile the Construction in Process sub-ledger, the interfacing of project costs into fixed assets or cost of goods sold, reporting on actual project costs against budget, and the recording of all project accounting related journal entries.
What you’ll do:
- Create projects in NetSuite, assign project numbers to new projects and prepare cost summary spreadsheets for each completed project.
- Input Field Service and Project Manager’s time and miscellaneous costs for each project into NetSuite.
- Assist with month, quarter, and year end reporting.
- Compare and report actual expenditures to budget for each project, investigate and explain variances and correct all miscodes.
- Reconcile Construction in Process (CIP) sub-ledger to General Ledger monthly, long-term A/R, Fixed Assets, bank, and deposit accounts.
- Prepare monthly journal entries for amortization of deferred revenue and costs, revenue and cost of goods sold entries for completed billable projects, and miscellaneous project accounting related entries as required.
- Bill completed projects and change orders while creating/updating billing schedules.
- Create inventory obsolescence spreadsheet/estimate.
- Update/create various lease schedules i.e., rent, vehicle.
- Other work as assigned by the Director of Finance.
What you’ll need:
- An undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- Minimum of five+ years’ experience in accounting required, with experience in project costing preferred.
- Enrolled in, or has attained, professional accounting designation preferred (CPA/CGA/CMA).
- Solid knowledge of GAAP Accounting principles.
- Strong full cycle accounting experience.
- Intermediate Excel skills, including pivot tables, vlookups, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, such as Outlook and Word.
- Must be detail oriented, have strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to coordinate multiple deadlines at one time.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good organizational skills to coordinate own work and the work of the other Accounting staff.
We offer a competitive salary with Group Health benefits, and a company pension plan.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SONIFI Solutions Canada Inc. is committed to equity in the workplace.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 629