Performance Test Engineer
SONIFI® Solutions, the leader in technology solutions for the hospitality and healthcare industries, is looking to add a Performance Test Engineer to our team. Join our Quality Team, a team of automation, performance, and software test engineers with responsibility for the analysis and design of automation frameworks and automation solutions to support testing of our core applications at SONIFI. Have the chance to develop customized testing procedures and oversee projects from initial testing through delivery and be part of the effort to implement performance testing solutions at SONIFI.
What you’ll do:
- Work with a team of performance test engineers responsible for the design of test plans, procedures, scenarios, and scripts to accurately assess new products or software updates according to customer requirements and company policies.
- Facilitate agile teams’ delivery with high degree of focus on quality & timeliness.
- Represent performance testing solutions in all Agile ceremonies including the Daily Standup, Sprint Planning and Grooming meetings
- Escalate issues & communicate the status of deliverables leads and managers
- Keep your leadership apprised on the progress, risks in performance testing practice with timely updates, metrics & reports as required.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, capable of working both independently as well as part of a team.
- Act as subject matter expert on JMeter, LoadRunner and other open-source solutions.
- Provide automated reporting of tests and tests results.
- Ability to effectively multi-task & adapt to changing business priorities.
- Production, preparation, and execution of unit test plans.
- Quantitative tracking of project quality and completeness.
- Prevent recurrence of issues by identifying trends and implementing fix.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional, project managers, and offshore resource teams.
- Load and performance testing developing, execution and reporting.
- Develop performance test strategy/planning, test case development and execution.
- Identify, analyze, and create detailed records of problems that appear during testing, such as software defects, bugs, functionality issues, and output errors, and work directly with software developers to find solutions and develop retesting procedures.
- Track problems, resolutions, and bug fixes throughout testing and create a comprehensive database of defects and successful mitigation techniques.
- Create detailed Test plans incorporating step-by-step documentation of test procedures for each phase or project as needed to ensure replicability, compliance with standards, and growth of company knowledge base and support for automation partners
- Communicate clearly and effectively with test personnel, users, developers, and clients to facilitate quick resolution of problems and accurate documentation of successes.
- Provide frequent feedback to leads, managers and developers, including recommendations for improvements, evaluation of problems, potential solutions, and discussion of further test requirements and stories
- Design and implement performance testing tools and update tools as needed to ensure currency and accuracy.
What you’ll need:
- BS in Computer Science with professional work experience in HPE Load Runner, JMeter and other open-source solutions for 5+ years or equivalent work experience in varied technologies
- 5+ years Performance/load testing expertise.
- Professional experience in performance engineering, with insights into collecting, tracing, measuring, analyzing, tuning, and/or modeling
- Experience with cloud solutions for delivering performance strategies
- AWS experience
- SQL programming experience
- Excellent time-management skills and commitment to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- A track record of improving systems performance
- Experience in utilizing open-source solutions
- Experience as a developer / engineer in a digital environment
- Experience writing secure, testable, and robust code
- Experience proactively diagnosing performance issues across all layers of the tech stack
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, effectively prioritize & execute tasks
- Experience working in agile environments
- Programming experience using one or more performance testing tools such as HP LoadRunner or JMeter or any open-source solutions.
- Ability to interpret, diagnose, and recommend technical performance issues and translate them into practical solutions.
- Skilled in performing load/performance assessments and providing recommendations to correct performance/load bottlenecks.
- Ability to analyze APM data from test results using tools such as Dynatrace, Zabbix, AWS CloudWatch
- Good background in JIRA
- Proficiency with database technology (e.g., Oracle, SQL) and scripting languages (e.g., Python, Java Script, Java)
SONIFI’s team is changing people's lives through memorable guest experiences - all delivered through an integrated technology and service platform. We work with global brands like AT&T, LG and Samsung and leverage technology from Google and Amazon. SONIFI's core solutions include interactive television, streaming, Internet access, Free-To-Guest, and healthcare integrations, along with unparalleled nationwide technical support and professional services.
Together, we can build your future! We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package, which includes Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance, 401(k) with company match, 11 Company-paid Holidays, Paid Time Off and a variety of additional benefits!
SONIFI and SONIFI Health value diversity and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you require assistance in filling out our online application due to a disability, please contact Human Resources at 605-988-1000.
For more information about Equal Employment Opportunity, please visit: https://www.eeoc.gov/.