Network Engineer I
SONIFI® Solutions, the leader in technology solutions for the hospitality and healthcare industries, is looking to add a Network Engineer to our team who will create, deploy, and maintain communication configurations and infrastructures encompassing LAN/WAN/RF networks to be installed at customer sites. This position also serves as top-level technical support to SONIFI Installations, Sales, Technical Assistance Center, Field Service, and any subcontractors in these fields. We are looking for candidates in the Sioux Falls, SD, Omaha, NE, Minneapolis, MN, or Atlanta, GA areas.
What you’ll need:
- Four-year technical degree and two years’ relevant experience preferred, however the equivalent combination of education and/or experience will also be considered.
- Experience in customer facing integration roles and installation support is preferred.
- Proficiency with IP, WAN/LAN/WLAN, TCP/IP addressing and subnetting along with network diagnostic and troubleshooting is required. Experience with DOCSIS and Wi-Fi 802.11 technologies is a plus.
- Previous experience with UNIX, MS Office, MS Visio, and Wi-Fi tools such as Ekahau Pro or AirMagnet Survey Pro preferred.
- The follow vendor certifications (or ability to obtain) are desired: Certified Wireless Network Associate (CWNA), Ruckus Certified Networking Associate (RCNA), Ruckus Certified Wi-Fi Associate (RCWA), Aruba Certified Mobility Associate (ACMA), Aruba Certified Switching Associate (ACSA), and Meraki Solutions Specialist (ECMS)
- Strong communication (oral, written, and electronic), organizational, multitasking, and decision-making skills are highly desired. Ability to complete milestones and meet project deadlines with minimal supervision.
- This position must be able to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical employees and translate non-technical business and user requirements to technical specifications.
Some of the essential job functions include:
- Develops complex network designs (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, DOCSIS), IP addressing schemes and proposals to provide accurate services and materials lists as a result of a site survey or from provided information.
- Produce accurate configuration and installation documentation as defined through the design process.
- Collaborates, supports, and monitors Guest Internet Access (GIA) installation activities during all project phases.
- Analyzes requirements and provides alternative options for network design revisions to meet changing customer requirements.
- Reviews current and new technologies for deployment of wired/wireless Internet access.
- Able to assist internal customers with defining the purpose of the network, defining the type of network and budget requirements necessary to meet specified requirements.
- Able to work with internal customers and in conjunction with sales to define needs and design solutions.
- Occasional travel when necessary to perform essential functions or training.
SONIFI's team is changing people's lives through memorable guest experiences - all delivered through an integrated technology and service platform. We work with global brands like AT&T, LG and Samsung and leverage technology from Google and Amazon.
Together, we can build your future! We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package, which includes Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance, 401(k) with company match, 11 Company-paid Holidays, Paid Time Off and a variety of additional benefits!
SONIFI and SONIFI Health value diversity and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you require assistance in filling out our online application due to a disability, please contact Human Resources at 605-988-1000.
For more information about Equal Employment Opportunity, please visit: https://www.eeoc.gov/.