Network Design Associate
SONIFI® Solutions, the leader in technology solutions for the hospitality and healthcare industries, is looking to add a Network Design Associate to our team. The Network Design Associate (NDA) is responsible for supporting the timely coordination and development of the company network designs used for proposals to prospects and existing clients. Proposals include those that are unsolicited and those that are in response to a formal request for proposals (RFI, RFP, tenders).
This includes providing pre-sales technical and functional support of SONIFI Guest Internet Access (GIA) products by designing networks and providing technical assistance to the Sales Department (Sales) and other departments within SONIFI (together with its affiliates and subsidiaries) while ensuring a high quantity and quality of designs are completed with minimal supervision.
The candidate will work to design cost effective solutions while ensuring the solution meets brand and SONIFI standards. The Network Design Associate will combine specific hotel brand standard knowledge, with an understanding of current and emerging networking technologies. In conjunction with the engineering, project management and sales teams, the Network Design Associate will ensure designs are accurate and meet specification required for the specific opportunity to limit any potential change orders during the installation phase of the project.
What you’ll do:
- Keep up to date on all brand, SONIFI and industry standards.
- Keep up to date on all manufacturers SONIFI uses as well as emerging technologies.
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate on development of innovative, tailored solutions for clients and prospects.
- Ability to review client requirements and provided information to develop a solution that is the optimum combination of hardware, software, and services to meet the prospect's needs at a competitive price.
- Understand the process and output for property surveys for installation of a guest network, including but not limited to signal strength testing and heatmaps, evaluation of cable requirements, labor requirements, equipment needs, etc.
- Development of access point placement plans, network diagrams, predictive heatmaps and cabling plans that will assist Sales in the opportunity as well as meet brand standards.
- Work with vendor partners to learn and properly quote the many products SONIFI sells and supports.
- Assist Sales in explaining designs to the client and offer consultation when needed.
- Maintain competitive knowledge including solution, technology, and product offerings.
- Work with SONIFI 3rd Party partners to understand and influence new product development activities.
- Represent the company via written communications, telephone, electronically (e.g., web meetings and online presentations).
- Complete contract Statement of Work (SOW) documents accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Conduct other assigned duties as required including the pre-sales support of complimentary SONIFI products, services and solutions.
- Obtain industry standard certifications such as Ekahau ECSE and CWNA.
What you’ll need:
- Two-year degree minimum with a four-year degree preferred in either Network Engineering or Information Technology, to include a minimum of two years’ experience in IP networking and communications-related systems or services; or the equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
- Basic knowledge of networking such as DOCSIS, LAN, WAN, Ethernet, and network design is a plus, specifically but not limited to Wi-Fi standards (802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax), designs, and best practices and understanding of physical cabling required for network designs.
- In addition, a broad exposure to current and future technology concepts and an ability to understand and communicate technical concepts to diverse audiences (both technical and non-technical) is beneficial.
- Must be detail-oriented and self-motivated and successfully work with a high level of accuracy in a fast-paced department.
- Technology skills, including capabilities with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and diagramming tools is a must. Proficiency with IP, WAN, LAN, and WLAN technologies and applications along with experience with Wi-Fi Survey Software and tools such as Ekahau Pro, AirMagnet and Fluke Testers is a plus.
SONIFI’s team is changing people's lives through memorable guest experiences - all delivered through an integrated technology and service platform. We work with global brands like AT&T, LG and Samsung and leverage technology from Google and Amazon. SONIFI's core solutions include interactive television, streaming, Internet access, Free-To-Guest, and healthcare integrations, along with unparalleled nationwide technical support and professional services.
Generally starting at $45,000 - $80,000 a year. The base pay of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, location, experience, education, specialty, and training. This pay scale is not a promise of a particular wage. This position is also eligible for PTO, holidays, health, dental, vision, retirement plan, and a variety of other benefits.
For more information about Equal Employment Opportunity, please visit: https://www.eeoc.gov/.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 604