Material Control Specialist
SONIFI® Solutions prides itself on being the leader in technology solutions for the hospitality and healthcare industries. Today our team is changing people's lives through memorable guest experiences - all delivered through an integrated technology and service platform. We work with global brands like Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, and Intercontinental and leverage technology from companies such as AT&T, LG, Samsung, and Google.
We are looking to add a Material Control Specialist to our team in a full-time, non-exempt position. If you thrive in a dynamic environment with challenging, yet rewarding work, we would love to hear from you.
The Material Control Specialist will be responsible for all phases of Material Control, including but not limited to, cycle count generation, execution, and reconciliation, material transaction and delivery of product to Production, item/bills of material maintenance, processing engineering change orders, receive new and returned shipments, including both new and service inventory receipts.
Some of the essential functions include:
- Pick, transact, and deliver raw material components to Repair & Assembly work cell areas according to the build schedule within 3 business days of ‘date to build’. Coordinate product delivery to Repair as required.
- Monitor inventory usage vs. inventory min/max levels to achieve maximum inventory turns. Replenish inventory locations as required.
- Execute cycle counts for raw, finished goods, expensed, in-house stores, and service inventories. Reconcile or recount inventory, as necessary.
- Maintain Item and Bills of Material masters.
- Maintain library of department policies, procedures, and work instructions for Material Control and Warehouse.
- Monitor and expedite (as necessary) field orders, backorders, and returns; research and resolve any parts movement issues.
- Receiving all inventories from truckload, LTL, or small package shipments and deliver to appropriate locations.
- Process and distribute Engineering Change Orders.
- Process and document material under review for disposition.
- Transfer various materials to appropriate installation/upgrade project.
- Complete any and all bar code activity for the purpose of accurate inventory control.
- Other duties as assigned by the Material Control Supervisor.
What you’ll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Associate degree in Business, Accounting, or equivalent, or material control experience preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft word processing/spreadsheet software required.
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivated and have excellent customer service and multi-tasking skills.
- Effective use of general office equipment including computer, telephone, fax, copier, and calculator required.
- Ability to drive forklift is desired but not required.
Together, we can build your future! We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package, which includes Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance, 401(k) with company match, 11 Company-paid Holidays, Paid Time Off and a variety of additional benefits!
SONIFI values diversity and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you require assistance in filling out our online application, due to a disability, please contact Human Resources at 605-988-1000.
For more information about Equal Employment Opportunity, please visit: https://www.eeoc.gov/.